How to Write Good SEO Articles
In: How to Seo
Writing articles is an effective SEO practice that optimizers often do to rank their blog or website higher in the search engine results. But there are some technicalities involved in writing articles for SEO purposes.
- Title speaks louder than the content so it has to be very catchy and interesting for the readers. If the title is not good enough then no one would care reading what is given under in the content. The SEO keyword assigned for the article has to be used in the title as well.
- Keywords have to be used in a number that does not exceed the maximum limit. The limit is set by Google and if the keywords are used more than the limit, then Google may even penalize for it. It is a good SEO practice to use keywords in the first and the last sentence of the article as it impresses the search engines.
- The content has to be very good for not letting the credibility down. If there are grammatical mistake and spelling errors, then there is no doubt that the readers will not want to read the content any further. It also leaves a very bad impact over the SEO purposes of an article.
- Smaller and simpler the paragraphs and sentences, better will be the SEO value of articles containing them. This is amongst the primary rules of writing English content to write in simple and reader friendly tone; it makes the content more readable and easy to go through.
- Using subtitles and bullets helps the readers a lot. To find out what the paragraphs are saying, one has to read them entirely. On the other hand if the content s broken down in the form of bullets then the information begins to stand out. Headings are a good way of classifying similar information separately so that the reader can go directly to read the specific information that he wants.
- The article length also has to be good but not too lengthy. The article has to be at least of 400 to 600 words and at most 800 to 900 words. They can go longer of the information requires it, but just adding fluff in order to increase the length will lead to a very bad impact. The SEO keywords must fit in the sentences and they must make sense to the readers. The number of keywords used in the article also varies with the total word count as long as they remain within the limit of 2%.
- Using links where necessary increases the credibility of articles as they make it look more interactive and widespread. A good practice is to lead a hyperlink to the product identical to what the article is being written about.
- Copied content in the articles makes a very bad impression about the writer, the publisher as well as the blog where it is posted to. It is not only an unethical SEO practice but also an illegal one as it is against the copy rights.
Intkhab Ahsan is an experienced writer and recommends this website.